In Omaha, both the office and industrial markets are on the rebound, with industrial sector doing especially well.
How well? “The Omaha industrial market has been experiencing record low vacancies again this year, prompting discussion of the low supply, high demand and increasing rental rates. There has been much speculation regarding if or when developers would start to build new supply. As a result of market demand activity is picking up in both speculative and build-to-suit projects with several new projects under way and land sales in West Sarpy County indicate other projects will soon break ground,” according to Colliers Omaha Commercial Real Estate Research Reports.
What about the office market in Omaha? Colliers continues, “The Omaha office market continues to improve in the third quarter of 2015 as it experienced another 23,383 square feet of positive absorption. Total absorption for the first three quarters of the year is now 144,211 square feet. The vacancy rate contracted to 12.4 percent at the end of the third quarter, down from 12.6 at the end of the first half of the year, and down 100 basis points from the same time in 2014.”
At Carlson Kennedy, we are seeing an increased demand for build-to-suit office. Our clients aren’t finding the right space to fit their needs and see the interest rates still favorable to building.
The key in Omaha is to find a team to bring a project to life. At a 3% unemployment rate, we have to make a Carlson Kennedy job site the best place in Omaha to work construction. And that is what we strive to do.
- Taking a Team Approach. Not only with our subcontractors but from the initial phases of the project.
- Cleanliness. A Carlson Kennedy job site is patrolled for trash constantly. If we take pride in the job site, our construction teams do as well.
- Safety. There is never a moment that safety isn’t job 1.
- Budget. The Cost Influence approach is applied. The earlier the team is assembled, the greater the ability to challenge and affect the overall project budget.
- Construction Management. Our projects utilize collaborative deliver methods and principles to effect our goals for best project delivery for our clients.
If you have a dream project – owner build to suit, development or remodel contact Scott Kennedy to discuss your project.